Rats are much larger than mice although a young rat can be easily confused with a house mouse. Young rats often have heads and feet that are much larger than the rest of their body, while adult rats are proportionally much smaller.
There are two rat species that give residents and business owners in California the most problems. These rats are referred to as the Norway rat and the roof rat.
The Norway rat, also called a sewer rat, is much larger than a roof rat. Upon entry into a building, these rats prefer to remain on the ground floor or in basements. They also create burrows around the foundations of buildings and in moist areas such as gardens.
Roof rats, also called black rats, are somewhat smaller than Norway rats. They have tails that are longer than their body size and prefer to live in warmer climates that are ocean-influenced. When they gain entry into your home, they will create their own dwelling in walls, attics, cabinets, and false ceilings.
If rats of any type find their way into your home or business, rodent control service is needed. Only a specialist will know exactly how to get rid of rats.
Rat Control Services Offered
Rats are primarily active at night. Although they have very poor eyesight, they have a keen sense of smell, hearing, touch, and taste. They have great memories and remain active all year-long. There are many signs of a rat infestation. The most common signs include, but are not limited to:
- Presence of rat droppings
- Remnants of rat nests
- Burrows along your building or in moist areas
- Noises coming from an attic or basement after sunset
If any of these signs are present, a rodent control specialist is needed. Rodent control specialists can identify the rat species to better understand their behaviors. They are trained to know exactly how to get rid of rats. The most common methods include:
- Bait Stations — Specialists use anticoagulant and other rodenticides by aid in rat control. The poisons are released at low levels so that the rats cannot smell or taste anything but the bait’s attractant. They will not know that the bait is making them ill. The bait is strategically placed in tamper resistant bait stations around the infested building and anchored down for additional safety.
- Trapping — Trapping is another safe way to get rid of a rat infestation. With a little patience, devices such as snap traps and glue boards have proven to be effective. Many prefer this method to remove rats inside the home because they fear they will die behind a wall and leave a foul stench if poisoned.
CALL NOW TO SCHEDULE A FREE RAT CONTROL EVALUATION TODAY AT (951) 977-8183!
Rats are easily frightened by strange and unfamiliar noises. However, they have superior memories and will easily remember repeat noises and lose fear of them.
Rats spend several hours each day grooming themselves. If you are in need of rat control services, contact a member of our staff today!
Go-Pher The Kill gets rid of rats in Riverside, Corona, Norco, Eastvale, and surrounding areas.